Friday 4 July 2014

The Prompt: TV Could You Live Without It?

This is the first linky I'm joining up with so bear with me until I get it right! 

I'm not sure I could live without TV. I love it but I never watch anything when it's actually on. I pre-record everything so if  catch-up TV and netflix etc don't count as real TV then yes I could.  

There are loads of programmes I love from comedies, thrillers, detective stories to historical drama.  Yet my one guilty pleasure and programme I will NOT miss, ever, ever is Casualty.  I've watched it since I was a young girl and continued to do so. And will do forever Amen.

On the other hand, I don't think my sanity would cope if I couldn't plonk my two kids in front of the TV for a while.  My four year old loves Topsy & Tim  and Swashbuckle from cBeebies and there's nothing better than hearing her leaping from the sofa shouting ahar! like a pirate.  The nine year old likes a bit of Marvel but I'm still mourning the loss of Thomas The Tank Engine to his infant years.


mumturnedmom

1 comment:

  1. I think most of us seem to only watch catch up and streaming TV now :) And, I can't tell you how much I miss Casualty - it's one of the very few programmes that I really miss now that we're in the US. Like you, I'd watched it from day one! Saw an episode when I was back in the UK last week, loved it! I suspect most of us could live without TV if we really had to, but most of us would choose not to! Thanks so much for linking to #ThePrompt I've added you onto the linky post :)

    ReplyDelete