Friday 27 February 2015

The Prompt: Reality



Reality is: getting up, going to work, coming home, cooking dinner, putting the kids to bed, slumping in front of the TV for an hour before going to bed and starting all over again.

Reality is: sometimes I “intensely dislike” my children.

Reality is:  I love my kids so much, sometimes my heart hurts.

Reality is: I try to be a good person, but sometimes I am immature and go down to a five year olds  way of reasoning. 

Reality is: having to work at a relationship. You’re not always on the same page.

Reality is: enjoying the small things in life, like finding a book you enjoy.

Reality is: learning to be happier with yourself and your choices. It gets easier as you get older.

Reality is: learning to pick your battles (especially handy with a toddler)

Reality is: Life is what you make it. 



mumturnedmom

2 comments:

  1. Good post!
    Picking your battles is a good one. I try to pick mine with my autistic son, otherwise I'm sure I'd go insane. :D #ThePrompt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rally do believe that life is what you make it. This is a great post, looking at the good and bad, which is the reality of our lives. Thank you so much for sharing with #ThePrompt x

    ReplyDelete