Thursday 5 March 2015

Food For Thought


In our house is a combination of fussy eaters (5yo), normal eaters (me), non fruit eaters (9yo) & hot food scoffer (Mr.M).

Every week I try to precision plan a menu to suit everyone but I rarely succeed in feeding us all what we would like.  I refuse to cook lots of different meals.

5yo loves roast but not potatoes, I like pies but 5yo wont entertain pastry or pizza or peas. Maybe it's a "P" thing? 9yo will eat most dinners but has texture issues and Mr.M more or less put up with what's in front of him but will moan.


Mr.M also watches an awful lot of cookery shows but can barely boil an egg. He wanders into the kitchen gives something a stir, gets in the way and if I'm making a curry; tries to convince me to put diced apple in it.

It doesn't help that I don't enjoy cooking and can often be found watching pans with one eye and Netflix or a book with the other. I am woman. I can multitask!

However, we all have one thing in common: pudding!

 Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

2 comments:

  1. I never cook a different meal unless it is because of allergies. Consequently there is always someone at the table who is unimpressed. One child loves fish and all things bread. Another likes meat and all things potato. Still, it is better than cooking for hours and hours. It is not easy being a mum. #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so difficult to keep everyone happy! I don't even enjoy cooking! Lol.

    ReplyDelete